26 Apr Fareham in Bloom 2022
Fareham in Bloom 2022
It’s that time of year again when those of us with green fingers are being asked to take part in Fareham in Bloom.
The gardening competition has been bringing the local community together for more than 25 years and it’s hoped this year will be no different.
Sponsored by St Margaret’s Nursery and Fareham Shopping Centre, the competition asks people to send in photos of their gardens, veg patch, hanging baskets or anything else they have grown, to be in with a chance of winning a prize.
There are six categories to enter
- Best Garden | A garden of any size, front or back
Commercial | Shop fronts, pubs, businesses, and schools
Something Small | Hanging baskets, window boxes or unusual garden features
Young Green Fingers | Something the children have planted or grown
Sustainable Gardens | Planting to encourage wildlife, growing your own fruit or vegetables, recycling materials and using minimal recourses
How to enter
To enter, please complete the online form and upload one photo and short description about your entry!
- To enter Best Garden, Commercial, Something Small, Community Floral Display or Sustainable Garden categories please complete this form.
- To enter the Young Green Fingers category please complete this form.
Please see the Terms and Conditions for entering.
When do entries open?
Entries opened on Thursday 7 April. The closing date for entries is Friday 8 July.
How will a winner be chosen?
The public will be asked to vote for their favourite photo in each category via an online ballot form or email to email@example.com.
A member of the judging panel, along with a community volunteer, will then visit the two gardens for each category receiving the highest number of votes received by the public. The visits will take place during August.
Based on what the judges view and hear from the entrant about their entry will determine the winning garden.
The only exception will be the ‘Something Small’ category which will not have a visit and will be judged purely on the photo and description submitted.
When will voting open?
Public voting will open on Monday 18 July and will close on Friday 29 July.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced in September. You will be notified if you are successful.
What will the winners recieve?
Prizes for each category
- Best Garden | Annual subscription to the Council’s Garden Waste Scheme
Commercial | £25.00 St Margaret’s Nursery Voucher
Something Small | £25.00 St Margaret’s Nursery Voucher
Young Green Fingers | Bug hotel or gardening tools
Sustainable Gardens | £25.00 St Margaret’s Nursery Voucher
The winner of each category will be invited to a tea party in the Mayor’s Parlour on Wednesday, October 26 to receive their prize.
Terms and Conditions
- Entries must be received by Friday 8 July. Any entries received after this date will not be included
- The two entries that receive the highest number of votes from the public will be visited by the judges and a community volunteer at a date to be confirmed in August. If you cannot make the date suggested your entry will be judged purely on the photo and description submitted
- The winners and runners-up for each category will be announced in September. If you do not hear from the Council directly you have unfortunately been unsuccessful
- The winners will be invited to the Mayor’s Parlour, along with one guest, to receive their prize on Wednesday 26 October at 2:30pm. If you cannot make this date your prize will be sent to you in the post
- Entrants can submit an entry to one category only
- Only one photo to be submitted. Collages will not be accepted
- A short description of the photo must be submitted along with the photo
- Entry must include name/postcode/email address/phone number
- There will be one winner and runner-up for each category